eBay Enterprise Caps Banner Year with 1,015 New Client Wins and $1 Billion in Store-Fulfilled Sales for Retailers
Clients benefit from the firm’s new strategic partnerships, innovative product launches, and expanded global footprint
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa., Jan. 13, 2015 – eBay Enterprise, an eBay Inc. company, today announced the company secured 1,015 new client wins and 1,711 renewals and extensions with premier brands and retailers in 2014. As the leading global provider of commerce technologies, including the Magento platform, order management, fulfillment, customer care, and marketing solutions, eBay Enterprise has further strengthened its client portfolio during the past 12 months.
BOXPARK, Finlux, and Shoe Carnival are among the new companies implementing eBay Enterprise industry-leading technologies, solutions and services.
“Reducing our operational cost and the complexity of managing siloed inventory while providing the wide assortment of styles that our customers expect was paramount to our continued success,” said Kent Zimmerman, vice president of ecommerce, Shoe Carnival. “We partnered with eBay Enterprise to utilize our own stores and distribution center for fulfillment, allowing the entirety of our inventory to be available to all of our customers. We’ve established a strong foundation for our omnichannel initiatives online, mobile and in-store, and we look forward to continued success.”
Existing eBay Enterprise clients add services to enhance their commerce solutions
In 2014, key focus areas for many of eBay Enterprise clients, including Ace Hardware, Achica, Belk, British Airways, Destination XL Group, DSW, Karmaloop, and Munchkin were expanding omnichannel strategies, driving customer loyalty, strengthening demand generation efforts and streamlining business operations.
“Ace decided to implement in-store pickup to boost customer acquisition and drive additional sales to our brick and mortar locations and has seen an average increase of up to 20 percent in ecommerce sales,” said Jeff Gooding, director of consumer marketing, Ace. “eBay Enterprise In-Store Pickup has the flexibility, ease of use, extensive training at the local store level and support we need to power our omnichannel initiatives, and we continue to see the positive effects.”
eBay Enterprise named Strong Performer in three Forrester Research, Inc. Wave reports in the past six months:
- eBay Enterprise debuted as a Strong Performer in The Forrester Wave™: B2C Commerce Suites, Q1 2015, published on January 13, 2015. Forrester stated “with Magento Enterprise Edition, eBay Enterprise offers a maturing open-core commerce product with a significant installed base that is rounded out well with partner extensions while the broader eBay Enterprise organization brings to the table OMS, marketing solutions, and outsourced operations via an à-la-carte menu.”
- According to “The Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Attribution Providers, Q4 2014” report by Forrester Research, Inc., released in November 2014, eBay Enterprise was named a Strong Performer. Forrester noted eBay Enterprise “…impressive vision for attribution to be more integrated in the greater marketer enterprise offering,” and “has robust attribution supporting services and extensive tool and methodology training programs” with the highest possible scores in Onboarding & Engagement Model, Account Management & Sales, and Training.
- According to the “The Forrester Wave™: Omnichannel Order Management, Q3 2014” report by Forrester Research, Inc., eBay Enterprise “…store fulfillment solutions stand out as a best-of-breed suite.” eBay Enterprise earned the highest score for Ship-from store. eBay Enterprise was the only solution to earn the highest possible scores for: reporting and analytics, fraud management, payment processing and reconciliation.
Another transformational year for eBay Enterprise
- The eBay Enterprise Retail Associate Platform went live in more than 1,500 stores.
- The 2014 holiday season proved successful with 55,000,000+ units shipped in November and December and 174,000,000 units shipped in 2014 overall.
- In November, eBay Enterprise released Magento Enterprise Edition 1.14.1 and Magento Community Edition 1.9.1.
- The company announced the availability of the eBay Enterprise Commerce Marketing Platform in conjunction with its strategic partnership with FICO, a leading predictive analytics and decision management software company.
- In September, eBay Enterprise announced continued momentum in the fashion vertical, with a new industry-first Fashion Partner Initiative to accelerate brands’ flexibility and speed to market to increase sales.
- Magento, which serves more than 240,000 retailers worldwide, was recognized as the leading ecommerce platform for fast growing retailers in the 2014 Internet Retailer 500. Magento also powers 26 percent of all ecommerce sites in the Alexa one million sites list; more than any other ecommerce platform.
- eBay Enterprise increased its fulfillment footprint to more than six million square feet with three expansions in Canada, Germany and the United States.
“eBay Enterprise and Magento offer an integrated, modular portfolio, to scale and take advantage of individualized opportunities – both online and offline,” said Ron Bongo, CEO at Corra, a premier commerce solutions provider. “Our partnership with eBay Enterprise and Magento provides our joint clients with world class commerce solutions to succeed and grow in the market.
“Consumers continually demand more compelling experiences with the brands they love, and retailers are charged with implementing these differentiated online experiences while simultaneously driving growth and sales. eBay Enterprise continues to deliver the innovative, flexible, scalable, and cost-effective solutions to help brands and retailers compete and win in this world of the connected consumer,” said Craig Hayman, president, eBay Enterprise.
eBay Enterprise at NRF
eBay Enterprise and Magento will be showcasing their technology solutions, including their cloud-hosted offerings, at the National Retail Federation Big Show Jan. 11-13, 2015, in New York City at the Jacob K. Javitz Convention Center. eBay Enterprise and Magento will be located at booth #3163.
About eBay Enterprise
eBay Enterprise is a leading global provider of retail-optimized commerce solutions, including the Magento platform, order management, fulfillment, customer care, and marketing solutions. We enable brands and retailers of all sizes to deliver consistent omnichannel experiences across all retail touch points to attract and engage new customers, convert browsers into loyal buyers, and deliver products with speed and quality. With unrivaled flexibility and control, our clients are armed to accelerate sales growth and win with today’s digitally connected consumer. eBay Enterprise is headquartered in King of Prussia, Pa. and has offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, Los Angeles, New York, and Shanghai. eBay Enterprise is an eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY) company. More information can be found at www.ebayenterprise.com and www.magento.com.